Greek English
Webmail Access
 
Home Page / What to know / Sightings / Old fountains
Print this page
Old fountains

 “Vasilikon”
Located in Mesa Geitonia, in the old housing core of the Community, is the fountain known by the name “Vasilikon”. This fountain, according to tradition, was used by king Tembros in approximately 300 B.C.

“The Dragon’s Fountain”
The fountain is located in Pera Geitonia. According to mythology, the fountain used to be a source of water for a dragon looking for food.

“Gerovrysi”
Located in the middle of the Community is “Gerovrysi”, which is dated back to the beginning of the 20th century, and more particularly 1911.

“Katapesis”
Located in Kato Geitonia, near the river, is the other fountain of the Community known by the name “Katapesis”.

 

Source:
Temvria Community Council 

 

 
 
WEATHER
 
 
 
CALENDAR
 
 May 2019 
MTWTFSS
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031 
 
CONTACT US
 

Community Council of Temvria

Tasou Okkaride 8
2842 Τemvria, Lefkosia
Τel.: 22932427, Fax: 22932431
Email: kstembria@yahoo.gr
ks@temvria.com

 
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc